May 12, 2020
Hey there Tuesday; we meet again! How are you doing? With it being Tuesday, that means one thing...
See how I did that? LOL! I know, pretty fancy right? Please, humor me! Here's to hoping that, this week, we will start the Phase 1 re-opening in Baltimore. And, if this happens, I know I will be celebrating with THIS AMAZING COCKTAIL!
This week, I have adapted an amazing recipe from, none other, than my go-to Mexican-American brand, Siete Foods. And, if you are into SPICY, then you will absolutely LOVE this drink. If you are not, no worries; you can remove the hot sauce and, VOILA, a yummy, clean margarita will take stage! Either way, you are in for a fabulous treat!
Spicy Jalapeno Margarita
- 2 oz. Tequila (I used "Espolon Silver")
- 1 oz. Blood Orange Liqueur (I used "Solerno")
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tsp. Siete Foods Jalapeno Hot Sauce (you can remove if needed)
- 1 tsp. Agave Nectar (Organic if possible; optional)
- Optional Garnish: Lime & jalapeno
- Add the above ingredients in a cocktail shaker, along with ice. Shake, shake until nice and chilled! P.S. I love to use a good frozen glass too!
- Strain, garnish, and enjoy!
TIME FOR FOOD! Omgosh, this recipe was so easy to make AND I had leftovers for a few days thereafter. While this recipe makes 2, it can, definitely, be stretched out to 3 or 4 meals! Again, another Siete Foods adaptation, I like to call this one "Mexican in a Minute!" Oh, and just like the hot sauce that was used in the margarita another hot sauce flavor will be used in this dish!
And, please, have pity on me for the REALLY bad food porn. I am trying; really TRYING! Needless to say, it tasted freaking amazing! Sorry, not sorry, for the one & only picture. Ha!
Mexican In a Minute
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup Cilantro Rice
- 1 Yellow Pepper cut into strips
- 1 Red Pepper cut into strips
- Fresh Spinach
- 1 Can of Black Beans (no salt added preferable)
- 1 Avocado
- Siete Foods Habanero Hot Sauce (Organic if possible; optional)
- Cilantro, chopped (about 1/4 cup is good)
- Cook Rice: Combine 1 cup of jasmine rice to 2 cups of water in a pan. Bring to a boil, then simmer for 18-20 minutes or until fluffy with a fork. Remove from stove and add in chopped cilantro.
- While waiting for the rice to simmer, add EVOO (or your other favorite cooking oil) to a pan and saute peppers until fully cooked. Add a little salt & pepper to taste.
- Finally, heat up the beans.
- Once your rice and peppers are all cooked, it is time to assemble your bowl. Start with the cilantro rice as your base, then add beans, cooked beans, avocado, Siete Foods Habanero Sauce, squeeze of lime, cilantro, and a little more salt & pepper to taste.
While you can, certainly, eat as a meatless dish, I added a piece of salmon on top (but any protein will be just fine)! I think a fabulous marinated grilled chicken, or a few slices of beef tenderloin would be great. Maybe a shredded pork too? See, options are endless! Customize to your likes, tastes, and preferences!
Hope you love as much as I did! Let me know if you put any twists on this that would be an excellent addition or substitution! Enjoy!
Seasons of Love
2 Health Nuts
'Tis The Season
Cheese & Charcuterie